Parelli Dressage Summit
March 1, 2019 - March 3, 2019
Two Worlds Together Dressage Summit 2019
Presented by Parelli
Bringing the Two Worlds of Horse Psychology and Classical Dressage Together
- Christoph Hess (FEI “I” Judge in both Dressage and Eventing and former Head of Instruction and Personal Members Department at the German National Federation)
- Luis Lucio (FEI Committee Trainers Delegate, Chef d’quip of the Spanish Riding Team, 18 years of Parelli)
- Pat Parelli (Equine Psychology Expert)
- Linda Parelli (Equine Psychology Expert, Dressage Rider)
Dressage experts have spent decades figuring out the physical gymnastic elements of training. Parelli has decades of experience in the mental-emotional aspects of training. Learn how each empowers the other as the Two Worlds come together for the benefit of the horse. Can you imagine how powerful this can be?!?
Sports psychology has taken human athletic performance to new heights. It is now time to develop a more mentally and emotionally fit equine athlete.
Dressage Summit 2019 presents thought-provoking discussions and demonstrations on how these Two Worlds converge to enhance the training of the happy and healthy Dressage horse.
According to the USEF Rule Book, the Object and General Principles of Dressage calls for “the development of the horse into a happy athlete through harmonious education. As a result, it makes the horse calm, supple, loose and flexible, but also confident, attentive and keen, thus achieving a perfect understanding with the rider.”
The message of using psychology and understanding is stronger today than ever. It’s time to up the game and really learn how to use communication, understanding, and psychology to solve problems and bring out the best in your horse.
There is no bit in the world that can control a horse’s emotions.
“Horses are truly wonderful animals, and they deserve a world in which the best parts of both Parelli Natural Horsemanship and Classical Dressage are showcased. We can learn from one another; we can learn from different ways to school horses, how to train horses, how to interact with horses. Ultimately it comes down to doing what is best for the horse. Doing what we need to do to make the horse relaxed, happy, and willing to work with us.” Christoph Hess
- Learn how training sessions can develop the Dressage horse’s mental, emotional and physical fitness by combining Dressage and Horse Psychology.
- Learn what is important to horses, how they think, how they learn, what motivates them and above all what they need to be happy.
- Be astonished at how much a horse’s heart rate can fluctuate during a training session
- See the Scale of Training in a whole new light
- Learn the way to a calmer, more connected, responsive, supple and successful horse.
- Learn the difference between psychology and mechanics